I bought a male apricot colored shar-pei from Barbara Dion in october 2015.She and her friend had advertised him on puppyfind as stud dog for sale.

I talked with Barbara on the phone about Samari, a couple times before sending her a check for him on October the 6th. She told me he was 2 and ahalf years old. She told me he was in good health and that her other dogs "which she has a lot of" fought with him. That they didn't like him.

She said it would help her out and I needed a stud pei. I didn't pick him up until late October. We stayed in touch by phone until pick up. She met me in Winston Salem, and I immediately thought that Sam was under weight.

She said he was healthy and a good boy. He stunk on the ride home, so ofcourse I gave him a bath and worked on putting some weight on him. I noticed right away that he drinked a lot, a lot of water. I called and ask her about it.

She said he had always done that and that he was fine. I noticed he had a foul smell to his breath too. I asked her about it she didn't comment. Just blew me off.

It didnt take long for me to fall in love with Sam. He was the most gentle, loving male dog I had had. I could tell he had been fighting with other dogs because he had scars on him and she told me that's what it was from. Little did I know Sam was not in good health.

I had him less than 18 months and he got sick. He was in kidney failure. His prognosis was grim. I got the paperwork from Barbaras vet on Sam;, and right there in black and white it reads, and I quote her vet, "born to a "*** that was in kidney failure" she never told me any of this.

If you look at this paper closely from her vet right beside the words born to a *** in kidney failure it has a caution sign with a exclamation point in it. His kidney failure was genetic. She lied and told me he was healthy. She knew.

I was heartbroken. My Sam had to be put down. The vet said it would be inhumane not to. He couldnt do anything for him.

Especially since his bloodwork came back bad and his mother died of kidney failure. My veterinarian said Samurai should have never been breed.He was predestined for kidney failure. She never told me this. She's so greedy she just had to *** him out of her kennel and then sell him for money..

the honest and best thing to do would have been to fix him and let someone have him for a pet. She has cost me a lot of grief and heartache, I adored Samaria. She knew all this!!!!!its always about the almighty dollar to her. It cost me over two hundred dollars just to put him down.I told her what happened and ofcorse she denys any of it.

We exchanged a couple messages and she wanted to see the paperwork. I forwarded to her and ask her to reply within 48 hours. She hasn't. She doesn't take responsibility for anything.

She won't even contact me back. She says my message sounded threatening. That's the excuse she uses to get out of contacting you back. Which it doesn't.

It was matter afact only. I wouldn't recommend anyone buying a shar pei from her. She doesn't tell the truth or take responsibility for her actions. She has yet to contact me back.

Its been 3 weeks. Bad business. On the paper from my vet it plainly states that he should be breed. This paperwork is fact.

It doesn't lie.She does!!!

Review about: Beaux Art Chinese Shar Pei Shar Pei Dog.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Wow, what are the chances?I used to know Barbara Dion!

She's so friendly and personable... Then you get to know her. She schemes and connives. She works alliances and rivalries, tries to get people against one another.

If you have any intellect and awareness, you will spot the signs of sociopathy. I'm going to let her guess who this is. She doesn't pay her taxes (I remember her complaining about the IRS finding out about her breeding). Gets people fired while she steals stuff.

She's a user and abuser. She used to also be Bubbles the Clown. This was like some alter ego for her.

She should be studied by science.No joke.

to Anonymous #1385320

Amen.Finally the truth is coming out about Barbara Dion.

She is a joke and a complete mental case. She pretends to be a good "above board" breeder while she pits breeders against each other. People who have bought from her will be sorry. Sometimes it takes awhile but the truth comes out.

Lisa I tried telling you what Barbara is but you played into the rumor mill & Barbara played you for a fool. You fell into her trap. May I proudly introduce the real Barbara Dion? She is a liar, animal abuser.

She gets or keeps a new Shar-pei puppy & "it is the prettiest Shar-pei she has ever seen" then it is gone from her website overnight. She takes in grown Shar-pei, breeds it to death, then overnight it disappears--back to another puppy mill I am sure. Look at her facebook page now. On one posting it says the litter of Foxy Roxy is sired by blue Sterling & the newest posting says the litter is sired by Blizzard, a cream.

I do not know if she is totally nuts or if her dogs roam the house, gets gang banged, then she chooses a father..I don't know but she could at least keep her lies straight. Her dogs are poor quality & she wants the adults gone from her house before they die of genetic issues or AKC shows up for DNA testing.

Barbara Dion is not only a horrible breeder, but also a horrible person.Only the blind follow her!

to Another Anonymous #1401836

Listen Mr.Anonymous you are a lying ***!

Everything you have posted here are lies. Why are you signing your name "anonymous" if this was a LEGITAMITE complaint then you should put down your real name. Because it is all lies and I know who you is posting this it is Mr. Doyle and friends - put up or shut up.

If you have a real complaint - post your name - then I can respond to it!!!! Congratulations Mr. Doyle you made the list of 100 worst Puppy Mills - you keep posting lies and slanderous comments here .... because you are trying to take the heat off yourself.

We all know the ASPCA and 17 other people have a Huge lawsuit against you - you think you are smart and can outrun the law .....

don't count on it.You will {{Redacted}} in ***.

to Another Anonymous #1405738

Oh my gosh, thank you for saying this!I thought I was going crazy!!

She went from being so kind to threats and no response at all!

She truly is nuts!!Those poor dogs don't stand a chance..

to Anonymous #1405735

Wow! Your description of Barbara Dion is 100% accurate.

BARBARA IM NOT GOING TO KEEP GOING BACK AND FORTH WITH YOU.YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID, YOU JUST WONT TAKE RESPONSIBLITY FOR SELLING ME THE TWO SICK DOGS.

YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT BOTH OF THEM. I HAVE NEVER BEEN A HABITUAL LIAR WITH YOU OR ANYONE ELSE. IM SIMPLY STATING THE FACTS AND MY EXPERIENCE WITH YOU. YOU KEEP TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT THE PAPER HAS BEEN MODIFIED.

IT HAS NOT. THIS PAPER IS FROM YOUR VET. YOU CANT FAKE FACTS. AS FAR AS SAM GOES, YOU ASK ME ABOUT HIM ONE TIME.

I TOLD YOU HE DRINKS ALOT OF WATER AND DOESNT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL HIS URINE. YOU TOLD ME ON THE PHONE THAT IT WAS NORMAL. ALL THE OTHER TIMES SAM WAS BROUGHT UP, I BROUGHT HIM UP TO YOU, I FELL IN LOVE WITH SAM, YOU ADMITED YOUR OTHER MALES JUMPED ON HIM. HE HAD LOTS OF SCARES WHEN I GOT HIM, AND YES HE STUNK.

IF YOU REMEMBER CORRECTLY, I HAVE A WITNESS TO THIS BECAUSE SHE WAS WITH ME WHEN I PICKED HIM UP. THE ONLY THING THAT IS TRUE ABOUT YOUR POST IS THAT HE WAS UP TO DATE ON HIS SHOTS, 3 YEARS IN ADVANCE TO BE EXACT, WOW WONDER WHY. NO ONES TRYING TO DEFAME YOU BARBARA, IM SIMPLY STATING WHAT YOU DID WITH ME. MY BEAUX ART SHAR PEI EXPERIENCE HAS NOT BEEN GOOD, OBVIOUSLY IM NOT THE ONLY ONE, READ THE POST.

YOU TALK ABOUT BACKYARD BREADERS, HUH NOT ALL PEOPLE HAVE 15 OR 20 DOGS IN THERE HOME. NOT ALL PEOPLE THINK ITS NORMAL FOR DOGS TO SLEEP IN TODDLER BEDS, THEY ARE NOT CHILDREN. I HAVE A VERY SMALL KENNEL. MY DOGS ARE INSIDE AND OUT.

MY KENNELS ARE HEATED AND COOLED. ITS A PERSONAL CHOICE AS LONG AS YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR DOGS AND ARE HONEST WITH PEOPLE....READ THE PAPER FROM MY VET AGAIN SWEETIE, AND YOURS TOO. THE FACTS DONT LIE. AS FOR BERKLEY THE BLACK SICK FEMALE YOU SOLD ME, YOU LIED TO ME AND TOLD ME SHE WAS BLOWING HER COAT BARBARA.

WHEN IN FACT , SHE HAD ,MANGE AND A SECONDARY DIGESTIVE INFECTION AND A EYE INFECTIONIF YOU HAD TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT BERKLEY FROM JUMP, I WOULD HAVE NEVER PURCHASED HER FROM YOU. I HAVE ALL THE TEXT FROM YOUR FRIEND ON MY PHONE TO BACK THIS UP. NOW YOU SAY I DIDNT TAKE CARE OF THE DOG. YOU WERE IN THE HOSPITAL, I CALLED YOU BACK ABOUT BERKLEY RIGHT AFTER I GOT HER FROM YOU.

IT TOOK YOU FOREVER TO CALL ME BACK, SHE ALWAYS HAD FRESH WATER AND PURINA PUPPY CHOW WHICH YOU TOLD ME YOU GAVE HER. YOU TOLD ME TO PUT HER ON FLYGIL WHICH I DID, 9 DAYS OF ANTIBIOTICS AND IT NEVER PHASED HER. THIS DOG WAS A MESS. THATS WHY YOU WERE WILLING TO LET HER GO.

AS FAR AS THIS GOES I HAVE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS OF HER, I WAS NOT WILLING TO PAY YOU FOR A SICK DOG , SPEND HUNDREDS ON HER AT THE VETS OFFICE TO GET HER WELL AND THEN GIVE YOU A PUP BACK. WIN, WIN, FOR BARBARA. YOU LIED AND SAID SHE WAS BLOWING HER COAT BARBARA. AGAIN I DONT TRAVEL ALONE, I HAVE A WITNESS.

AS FAR AS COURT GOES , IM NOT AFRAID TO GO TO COURT. I HAVE ALL MY DOCUMENTATION, I WONT BE THE FIRST ONE YOUVE EVER TRIED TO SUE. I BELIEVE YOU HAVE A ACTIVE LAW SUIT RIGHT NOW. IF YOU WOULD HAVE CONTACTED ME BACK ABOUT SAM OR BERKLEY LIKE YOU SAY YOU DID IN YOUR POST, AND TRIED TO FIX SOME OF THIS, THIS INFORMATION WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN PUT ON PISSED CONSUMER BARBARA.

ITS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY HERE, ITS ABOUT THE PRINCIPLE. YOU CANT LIE TO PERSPECTIVE BUYERS AND THINK IT WONT COME BACK.. KARMA DOES GET YOU. I FELT A NEED TO LET PEOPLE KNOW WHAT YOU DO AND WHAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF.

YOU COULD HAVE FIXED THIS. AS FAR AS MY LITTLE KENNEL GOES IT MAY NOT BE YOUR SET UP, ITS MINE AND ITS VERY EFFIECENT. I PERSONALLY DONT BELIEVE THE DOGS NEED TO BE INSIDE ALL THE TIME. AS A MATTER OF FACT.

I THINK THEY PREFER TO BE OUTSIDE SOME.

ONE THING FOR SURE, IVE NEVER SOLD A SICK PUPPY TO ANYONE AND IF I HAVE THAT UNFORTUNATE MISHAP IN THE FUTURE I WILL RESOLVE THE ISSUE THROUGH COMMUNICATION.YOU SHOULD TRY IT.

to Anonymous #1405740

We took Barbara Dion to court, won in civil and in mediation. She hasn't paid a penny in restitution. She lies with every breath she takes!

This is absolutely true Barbara Dion .The paper I posted is right from your vets office.

I highlighted the are where your vet says with warning signs with exclamations in them "born to a *** in kidney failure" and I quote. The people can see for themselves. The paper has samarui name on it. It absolutely is true.

This paper from your vet tells it all. You lie. And you are also still breeding one of his sisters. One that's 7 years old.

My God retire her already.I'm gonna post pics of the female you sold me that was sick next.

Southern Pines, North Carolina, United States #1345103

THIS ENTIRE COMPLAINT BY LISA ESKEW IS FALSE!!!.

It never stated on my vet records that Samurai was born from a *** in Kidney failure because he was not. The vet records posted here were "modified" by Ms. Eskew to make me look bad. When Lisa Eskew got Samurai he was beautiful (picture attached).

I talked to her monthly and asked about him and she raved how beautiful he was. He was 100% healthy and clean when she received him and up to date on all of his shots. All of my dogs live in my home not a kennel and are in the best of health. I still have a dog from a litter that is two years older than Samurai and she has never had one health problem.

Lisa Eskew is a Habitual liar and the alleged "vet records" shown here has been 100% falsified. No records exist she has conveniently added "*** in Kidney failure" which was not true. Lisa Eskew had another one of my dogs and this dog was given to her in 100% perfect health in December 2015. Within 3 months the dog had a severe skin infection and Lisa told me she knew the dog has issues but did not take her to the vet because she was not "breeding quality" when I took her back she was in terrible shape.

The female dog had fungus on her skin, severe skin infection all due to not being taken care of properly!!! This woman does not take care of her dogs. The female that came back from her house after three months needed extensive care to get her back to the health she was originally in when received by Lisa. It cost me over $500 to get her healthy again and to treat the damage that Lisa did to her.

Samurai was not so lucky - SHE KILLED HIM DUE TO HER MISTREATMENT. She needs to be reported for Animal Cruelty. I have never been to her kennel but it must be house of horrors. I was not notified that Samurai had any problems until AFTER she put him to sleep - Probably because he was so far gone from mistreatment.

The vet report from her vet said he was anemic - dehydrated - THIS IS LACK OF PROPER CARE LISA!!!!!! I did write back to her and did not avoid her as I was shocked that Samurai had died. I have never had a dog with Kidney Failure. Samurai's mother Saki had her kidneys damaged by the Chinese Jerkey treats that were sold three years ago.

She was 7 years old and was very healthy until the Treats were pulled from the shelves and had killed over 1200 dogs. In fact I reported this to the FDA it was the Milo's Kitchen chicken Jerkey treats. I sold her Samurai a beautiful dog for $500 with full registration and she destroyed and killed him.

This is so wrong!I will be seeing you in court LISA ESKEW - I WILL NOT BE SLANDERED BY A BACKYARD BREEDER LIKE YOU!

to Barbara Dion Chicago, Illinois, United States #1349703

In all due respect let me just start by saying I don't nor will I ever make a purchase from a 'backyard breeder' so to speak.

I have only known Lisa a short amount of time since January of 2017.

I recently bought a dog from her. I do my research, I visited her home and had complete view of her property. Her dogs seemed to be treated and pampered more then most children this day in time.

Not to place any of her business out there and I hope I am forgiven for doing so. I found each of her dogs having a there own actual wooden storage buildings for housing with heating and air.

A doggie door on the actual door to their units. They all have an A line roof with their very own front porch which is chain linked in with a 20 X 10 foot run from their own front porch. Not to fail to mention her entire yard is fenced along with security cameras so that she may check on them at any given time.

She doesn't own a mass of animals either only four Shar pei's. 6Her dogs seemed exceptionally well taken care of and the inside of their housing units were clean.

She also rotates her dogs inside to spoil and keep them close. Everytime I entered her property I have found 1 of her four in the her home and it has been a different dog from the time before.

After seeing and knowing with my own eyes how her dogs and their living conditions were I had no problem purchasing a puppy from her. My dog had been seen by a vet 3 times while in her care. Shots, d worming, and eye tacking.

So I can bare witness that her dog did not die due to no negligence of her own!The truth will n shall set U free